Walnut Street Center is proud to announce that we have moved into a new state of the art facility at 291 Mystic Avenue, Medford, MA. Our new building houses both our administrative offices and our Day Support Programs. This move has allowed us to increase the number of individuals that we support and the types of services offered.
While we will continue to support the communities of Somerville, Cambridge, and Arlington, the new building has also allowed us to provide support to Medford and surrounding communities.
Highlights of the site:
- 43,000 sq. ft. fully accessible building
- 3-acre lot with ample parking and fenced-in secure areas for drop-off and pick-up
- Covered drop-off area, allows two vehicles to drop-off at the same time and provides protection from the elements
- 17 Bathrooms and/or personal care suites
- Ceiling Hoyer lift in medical areas
- Variety of activity spaces including a horticultural room, music and movement room, art room, sensory room and gymnasium
- Fully accessible training kitchen
New Programs offered:
- Acquired Brain Injury and Autism Spectrum Disorder Programs
- Integrated Adult Day Health
- Expanded Day Habilitation offerings will focus on supporting intense behavioral interventions and Dementia/Alzheimer’s needs
Expanded populations supported:
- Adults that qualify for Adult Day Health services
- Individuals with Acquired Brain Injury
- Individuals that qualify for Autism Spectrum Disorder services
View our headquarter location below and learn more about our brand new state-of-the-art building by clicking here.