This is Walnut Street Center’s News and Events page. WSC hosts many events throughout the year. From excursions to Cape Cod, monthly dances, caroling in the winter, and Friday Night Bowling; there is always something exciting going on!
Along with events for the individuals we serve, there are also events open to family members and other supporters of Walnut Street. Check our website regularly for upcoming events and activities or like us on Facebook for regular updates.
In the Press:
- WSC Client Keeps Fighting After Motorcycle Accident
- Tufts University Employee Fund Supports Local Community Organizations Across Greater Boston
- The Walnut Street Center Hosts Special Needs Presentation October 8th
- Taste of Somerville 2019, Somerville News
- The Walnut Street Center Awarded Tufts Neighborhood Service Fund Grant
- Blink Fitness Launches in Medford, Walnut Street Center Honored
- Medford Comes to the Aid of Adults with Disabilities
- Rockland Trust Finances $9.1 Million towards Community Alternative Residential Environments and Walnut Street Center: Financing to support relocation of local human service non-profit
- Human Services Non-profit Moves to Medford with Help from MassDevelopment Bond
- Walnut Street Center Welcomes New Director, Carolyne Guffey
- At Walnut Street Center, Adults With Disabilities Find A Caring Community
News from Walnut Street Center:
- WSC Individual Spotlight: Able
- WSC Hosts Critical Special Needs Advocacy Workshop With Attorney Kimberly L. Kelly
- Join us for Tufts Community Day Sept 22nd, 2019
- WSC Names Savara Willis our Employee of the Year!
- WSC Celebrating National Direct Support Professionals Recognition Week 2019
- Laughter Therapy Training, Boston Edition held at WSC
- Get the Scoop on Taste of Somerville 2019!
- Walnut Street Center spotlights Jimmy for Autism Awareness
- Walnut Street Center spotlights Laura Spina
- Walnut Street Center 2019 Celtics Fundraiser in January!
- Walnut Street Center Named Beneficiary of Taste of Somerville
- Taste of Somerville Sponsorship Information Happening in June! Read About it Here!
- 58 Year-Old Ray Hardy Advocates for Others & Leads a Meaningful Life with Down Syndrome